Thursday, July 26, 2007

Midterms Are Upon Us

As anyone could guess, midterms as an ajarn is much easier than as a student. I feel no stress and actually get to take a vacation. It's totally unfair to see my students freaking out about their midterms and to know I'll be relaxing in the mountains while they cram in the last few vocab words. I think I already paid my dues though. I feel a little bad though because most ajarn don't get a break next week. They will be here administering the tests, grading the tests, posting grades, etc. The difference is they get paid and I don't.
On that note, I was FINALLY paid this week. No, not an early payment for July, this was payment for June! The late pay day was something I was warned about so I wasn't too worried. The worst part was when I kept being told tomorrow, then Monday, then tomorrow, then they are just waiting for a signature, then 4pm, then they just went to the bank so I should check back in 30 min., then tomorrow...you get the idea! I could deal with the money situation if they didn't keep getting my hopes up! It was awful and I felt like I was just blowing through so much money. It made me feel better to remember that I am really not spending that much in dollars. But I need to focus on the positive because at least I got paid! So now that it is the end of July it's time for July's pay check...haha, I'll be happy if I get it before September.

PS-aerobics are awesome! I love doing them. And not just because I get to wear a tank top.

No comments: