Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Koh Chang and Graduation

Pictures from graduation:
http://drake.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34120&l=bb6d6&id=512610984

On Sunday we had an little party for the English Majors who graduated last year. They are back in town because their official graduation (walking and receiving their diplomas) is today. There is a tradition that every year the old 4th years come back and treat the current students and the faculty to a dinner and a night of some performances. It was nice to get to see some students outside of school and not in their uniforms.


Pictures from Koh Chang:
http://drake.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34116&l=d2cef&id=512610984
Two weekends ago I met Steph, my friend who is teaching in Nan, in Koh Chang. Koh Chang is an island southeast of Bangkok. It took almost 15 hours to get there and I only had 2 days there and then it was time to return to KK but it was a great little escape. It was a nice beach and very relaxing. But being with friends makes anything even better and I hadn't seen Steph since August so it was great to catch up with her. We literally did nothing but lay on the beach and eat some scrumptious Western food.


Midterms start on Friday so I'm taking my cue and heading to Southern Lao for midterms break. Thursday after classes I am heading to Mukdahan, which is a Thai border town. I'll stay there overnight, cross the border Friday and head down to Pakse, Lao where I am meeting up with another PiAer and two of her friends. I'm excited to have some people to explore with and we have over a week to do it. Southern Lao is supposed to be less developed and have less of a tourist infrastructure so I'm curious what it'll be like. Everyone seems to think Lao in genereal is like Thailand 20-30 years ago. After Lao I'm heading up to Chiang Mai to meet up with some people for New Year's. See you next year!

No comments: