Friday, September 14, 2007

Classes Ending and Ajarn Mara is sad

So it’s true. I almost cried today in class. Thankfully, not because my students were making fun of me but because it was my last day with my favorite class (if I had favorites, which I don’t). It was a tearjerker. At the end of class we had photo time. It was cute and I loved it. I got pictures with some of the students I talk to outside of class and I hope I will be able to run into them around campus. Luckily, this class is made up of all language majors so I do see them in our Faculty. One of the boys in class was hanging out until everyone left and then wanted to give me a hug J So cute. I see him quite a bit because he is a vegetarian and so we eat at the same restaurants. It’s hard to part ways every semester and I only saw this class three times a week. I don’t know if I could handle being a full time teacher with the same class every day. You would get so close but always know that you eventually need to pass them on. Some classes I don’t want to give up! Actually, I don’t want to give up any of my classes. I think it takes a half a semester (especially for my first semester teaching!) to get to know the class and students and how to teach them. Then as soon as I feel like I’m getting the hang of it I’m gone. I did get some nice feedback from the students though. I hope that they learned useful things. I know I am teaching them about a different culture but I also want to be a good teacher. Next week will be the last week of the semester so there will be more picture-taking instead of class! As it should be.

I’ll post the pictures soon.

No comments: