Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Student Email

The following is a touching email I received from one of my students this morning. Now this is a way to start the morning.

To Miss. Mara!
Today is the last day that we live together in the class room. I and my friends really want to say the “We love you so much” You are the best English teacher I ever study to. With your attempt to teach us I’m very happy to study with you. Your class is the subject that I most attend to the class. Because I never boring in your class and I really want get up to attend your class. And all above is you not only teach us in the book but you teach us everything. Everything that I and my friend never know before. At first I see you in the class I think “OH! The teacher is American. How can I understand her what she said??” But I have been approved my English skill such as Talking , Writing , and absolutely Listening by you. I know the truth that even I can read, can writ but the real situation to use English is Listening and talking. And I’m really bad about it. So at first I not much dare to speak English with you but when the time pass You’ve assure me to dare to speak it. Your class make everyone change. Everyone dare to use English and have a good relationship together too. You know that we are come from every part of Thailand. So we never know each other before. But your class make us to be unity. Your activities are good idea to make us fun and want to attend the class and make friend too. Your kind make us really impressed. Today my friend “POM” say that “the teacher is so lovely” So I know that he really mean that because he never say like if he don't want to say. And the last I really want to say that we are really so pround that ever study with you and we will think of you! And if the next semester have English class again we hope so much to study with you again.
Thank you so much for everything!!!
From Your medical student.

*Makes any and all frustrations seem so miniscule just to have some recognition for what I am doing. It's nice to try to be the best teacher I can be (which is still not good) but it feels really good to have someone think I did good enough! These are the days when I like teaching. And just so you know, he's written English is one of the best of all my classes. Food for thought.

No comments: